Bookham Bee's Bakery
7 oz Self Raising flour
5 oz butter (or marg)
4 oz soft brown sugar
6 oz clear honey (one rounded tablespoon is about 2oz)
1 tablespoon water
*(flaked almonds if being baked in baking tin- see below)
1. Melt butter, sugar, honey and water on top of stove (or in microwave)
2. Mix these ingredients together to combine once melted
3. Allow to cool until the hand can be comfortably held against side of pan
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time
5. Gently fold in sifted flour and thoroughly mix the ingredients together.
6. Pour into oblong baking tin about 11in x 7in and sprinkle flaked almonds on top*
#For the BEES fill cake cases by about ½ full. Do not place almonds on top if they are going to be iced.
7. *If baking in baking tin place in centre of oven at 180-190C or Gas No 4 and bake for 30-35 mins
8. # BEES cup cakes: Bake at 180C for 15 mins.
9. If icing, ice with butter icing or icing of your choice.
They say this cake improves with keeping! Apologies for old fashioned measurements but this recipe dates back to August 1973!